Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm in love

Don't tell Don, but I'm in love...with my new gas wok ring, that is.

For the past 12 years I've only had an electric stove top on which to cook, which was totally usesless for stir-frying and wok cooking. But that all changed a few weeks ago and I'm now the proud owner of a majorly grunty Ilve wok ring, a Bosch induction hob and one (soon to be two) Miele ovens...and a huge Visa bill.
All these appliances were bought in anticipation of a major kitchen overhaul later this year / early next.

At lunch time today it was fab to be able to pop upstairs and quickly whip up a decent stir fry. See?





















And now for a gratuitous close up. Yum, that monster bit of chilli was great!
















Trouble is, it's been so long since I cooked with gas that I don't know how to properly control the flame, as my old, rusting wok now attests:


Does anyone have an opinion as to which is best - a stainless steel or a common garden wok?







No comments:

Post a Comment