Friday, July 23, 2010

Cerebral post script

My goat brain masala fixation continues to haunt me:

http://annasfoodsafari.blogspot.com/2010/07/not-now-not-ever.html

On the way home from dinner out last night, Don and I bought a bottle of milk from the Indian superette where I'd spotted the goat brain masala powder.

Compelled to share the fear with my beloved, I dragged him down the masala aisle so he could appreciate its true horror for himself.

It was all gone!

I couldn't believe my eyes and spent several minutes scanning the shelves in disbelief. Don't tell me that people actually buy this stuff! And eat it, along with its intended accompaniment? And that enough people buy it for it to sell out, bypassing all of the other weird and wonderful masala powders on offer?

Maybe I imaginged it in the first place?

Or maybe the missing masala nasties are stalking the streets looking for stray goat brains to invade?

2 comments:

  1. eeek, reminds me of a Thai friend who used to do pigs hearts in a special Thai sauce, they were surprisingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have to be a special sauce indeed, to disguise the horror lurking beneath. What did it taste like?

    ReplyDelete