Monday, July 19, 2010

A weird and wonderful week

On Friday evening it dawned on me that my week-long 'never before eaten' challenge was over.

What a weird and wonderful week it has been. My mother thought my challenge was a really naff idea and couldn't figure out why I'd want to do such a "stupid thing". Call me contrary if you will, but I've loved (almost) every moment of it.

The week's highlights included:

  • The challenge itself. I love new experiences and I love food. What more can I say.
  • Sichuan food, even if we did potentially dice with death (or at least a dose of food poisoning) in the process.
  • Being brave enough to eat chickens' paws, after decades of avoiding them. They're actually okay, if one avoids thinking about chicken leg skin. I'll eat them again.
  • Watching the cat flee from the turkey spam (sorry Phoebe). See, I told you it was awful. And yes, I did give her something else for dinner that night.

Low points included:

  • The flaccid, disappointing Indian lunch on the final day. I felt queasy all afternoon.
  • My turkey spam, canned carrot, energy drink and chocolate breakfast cereal lunch. Ditto.
  • Recurring thoughts of goat brain curry masala.
Perhaps the best outcome is that I've discovered that I enjoy blogging. I'll continue trying new food experiences, albeit less regularly than daily, so keep tuning in for the latest in Anna's Food Safari!

No comments:

Post a Comment