Sunday, July 11, 2010

My mission (and I chose to accept it)

In keeping with my New Year's resolution to try new and different things, I've accepted a modified version of my brother Brody and his flatmate Logan's food challenge:

http://nevereatenweek.blogspot.com/2010/07/rules.html

My own version is to try at least one new food every day for a week - or possibly more. It could be a new ingredient, or a new dish. I'm a very adverturous eater so I'm going to need to get creative - and to face my foodie fears of chickens' feet and other animal appendages.

I'll give pretty much anything a go, apart from brains.

My 11 year-old-son Kieran is bravely joining me in my foodie mission. His younger brother, Rory, and hubby Don aren't quite so brave. Little do they know, they're going to be unwitting participants from time to time. Heh, heh, heh.

All foods will be ranked with a retch rating:

1 = Smells/looks so bad I couldn't even try it.
2 = Hideous. It bounced right back.
3 = Chewed and spat.
4 = Swallowed. Felt queasy.
5 = Okay, but nothing flash.
6 = "Interesting".
7 = Interesting.
8 = Nice. Might feed this to Rory and hubby.
9 = Great. Gotta feed it to them.
10 = Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment