Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 1: Improvising at short notice

My challenge officially began at 17:55 hours on Friday 9 June, when Brody phoned to say he was about to embark upon his challenge and did I want to join him. Given that it was our household's weekly "Trash Friday" (i.e. takeaways for dinner eaten in front of trashy TV shows) I already had dinner planned - Malaysian takeaways from the wonderful Cinta Malaysian in Dominion Road.

I've eaten my way through most of their menu, but managed to find one dish that would meet the challenge criteria: beansprouts and salty fish.

I've eaten dried fish before, but don't think I've tried salty fish in a Malaysian dish. Here's what it looked like:








The whole dish was nice - a slight crunch from the beansprouts and veges, off-set by the firmish cubes of salty fish. The salty fish was surprisingly bland, with only a slightly fishy taste. It was, however, pretty salty (surprise, surprise). The texture was akin to deep fried dish sponge.

Retch rating: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment